Don't be that guy... play by the rules
While at Crotched Mountain we want everyone to have fun from the most experienced skier to those just learning. As they say in Smart Style - Respect Gets Respect. We like to live by this creed across our resort. So please abide by some simple rules and have fun!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE
NH law states that each participant in the sport of skiing and snowboarding "accepts as a matter of law, the dangers inherent in the sport, and to that extent may not maintain an action against the operator for any injuries which result from such inherent risks, dangers or hazards," et al. Please refer to NH Statutes Section 225-A:24. Common sense, awareness, respect for others, respect for the natural environment, and respect for the ski area operation go a long way toward reducing your risk while out on the hill. Please practice Your Responsibility Code, and promptly report any irresponsible behavior you see to Crotched personnel.
1) Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects
2) People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3) You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4) Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5) Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment
6) Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7) Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Note: This is a partial list. The Code is endorsed by the National Ski Areas Association For more information visit NSAA Responsibility Code[http://www.nsaa.org/safety-programs/responsibility-code/]
WINTER UPHILL POLICY
Crotched Mountain is accessible for skinning, hiking, and snowshoeing from dawn to dusk during our winter operating season. While skinning, hiking, or snowshoeing the Resort may have operations in progress including, but not limited to, snowmaking, grooming, vegetation trimming, electrical work, or terrain park feature construction. Due to snowmaking, grooming activities and associated vehicle traffic typically occurring on the mountain, guests are not to access the Crotched Mountain trail system for skinning, skiing, riding, hiking or snowshoeing before the resort is open for the winter operating season. Users of facilities do so under NH statutes S225-A:24 and RSA 637:8.
Guests engaging in uphill travel are responsible for knowing locations of closed terrain and trails, snowmaking, events, or other operations in progress by reading the daily Snow Report.
1) Uphill traffic is prohibited from dusk to dawn
2) Uphill access to Resort trails is at your own risk
3) Guests accessing the trail system through uphill travel should stay to the side of the trail, wear highly visible clothing, and choose a route which gives downhill traffic the best view of downhill traffic
4) Yield and steer clear of downhill users and ski area machinery, until moving entities are clear
5) Closed trails and terrain parks may not be marked or signed from the bottom, top, or other access points on trail
6) The trails and terrain parks are designed for use by skiers and riders only and any other form of downhill descent other than by skis, snowboard, snowshoeing, or hiking is prohibited.
7) All skis and snowboards should be equipped with a device to prevent run-away equipment
8) Sledding or sliding in any form is dangerous and prohibited on Crotched Mountain premises
9) Guests accessing the Crotched Mountain trail system must adhere to Your Responsibility Code
10) For everyone's safety, dogs are not allowed on the ski trails
11) Please use proper wilderness etiquette. Remove all waste and leave only tracks
Snowskates are welcomed and allowed at Crotched Mountain on the hill as long as the rules are expressly followed as outlined below.
1) Your valid lift ticket or season pass must be worn and visible at all times.
2) Snowskates are only allowed on the Crotched Rocket lift & the Magic Carpet
3) Have a full metal edge (Burton, Lib Tech, Id, Hovland, Ralston are manufacturers with a full metal edge)
4) Have a leash attached to themselves and the board
5) Can, as safely and reasonably possible, slide on and off the lift
SKI BOUNDARY & TREE SKIING POLICY
1) Trees and backcountry areas beyond Ski Area Boundary are not maintained or patrolled.
2) Trees may contain hazards that will not be marked.
3) Trees are recommended for EXPERTS ONLY.
4) When you pass beyond the Ski Area Boundary, you leave the area of Ski Patrol services.
You are responsible for your own actions, your own rescue and the cost of your rescue.
UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS (UAS) & DRONE USE POLICY
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and resort property, Crotched Mountain Ski and Ride ("Resort") prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems (UAS), or aerial drones, by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists. This prohibition includes drones for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating over all Resort properties. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from Resort property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Resort boundaries. Any authorized operation of aerial drones may be governed by Federal Aviation Administration rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and/or U.S. Forest Service rules, as well as those policies separately established by our Resort. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your skiing privileges, or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscation of any equipment, and may subject violators to any damages, including but not limited to, damages for violations of privacy and/or physical or personal injuries, or regulatory fines and legal fees.
In order to provide our guests with the best experience possible, we ask that you not smoke or vape in areas where there is a large concentration of people. The following locations are SMOKE-FREE zones:
1) All Buildings
2) Lift Lines
3) Chair Lifts
4) All decks
5) Within 25 ft surrounding any building
Everybody at Crotched Mountain loves dogs, we know that pets are family, and we especially want you to enjoy your time with us, so please observe the following rules so everybody can enjoy their time:
1) Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times.
2) Practice canine courtesy by cleaning up and removing dog waste.
3) Pets are not allowed on the slopes during operating hours.
4) Service animals are welcomed at any time; they must be under control and on a leash/harness.
5) Crotched Mountain reserves the right to ask that a pet is removed for any reason.